The park is located two and one-half miles northeast of West Union on U.S. Highway 18, or Harding Road, and one-half mile north on Ironwood Road. It contains forty-six acres and has a heavily timbered, deep ravine ending in a fifty foot vertical limestone wall directly above the cave opening.
The cave was discovered in 1848 by Lorenzo Dutton and was explored for several hundred feet. The explorable portion of the cave has been reduced over the years due to the siltation of the cave floor.
The park also contains two electrical hook up camping sites and several non-electrical hook up sites, a shelter house, a hiking trail, water, and pit toilets. The park is also a wonderful place to view spring wildflowers and to bird watch.